In preparing this Policy, FBN General Insurance has endeavoured to align our procedures with relevant regulatory and legal requirements as well as current best practice.
This Policy is intended to address complaints made to FBN General Insurance.
An expression of dissatisfaction made to an organisation, related to its products, or the complaints-handling process itself, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected.
Any person or organisation (the complainant) who is dissatisfied with a product or service provided by the Company, for any reason, may contact FBN General Insurance to complain. A complaint may be oral or written. At times, complaints can be by way of negative feedback, which may not require a resolution or formal follow-up. While this type of feedback is valuable, the Policy does not apply to feedback of this nature.
FBN General Insurance seeks to maintain and enhance our reputation of providing you with high quality products and services. We value complaints as they assist us to improve our products, services and customer service.
FBN General Insurance is committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of our customers or potential customers and to resolving complaints as quickly as possible.
This policy has been designed to provide guidance to both our customers and staff on the manner in which FBN General Insurance receives and manages complaints. We are committed to being consistent, fair and impartial when handling complaints.
The objective of this policy is to ensure:
- Awareness on our complaint lodgement and handling processes
- That both customers and staff understand our complaints handling process
- Complaints are investigated impartially with a balanced view of all information or evidence
- Complaints are considered on their merits taking into account individual circumstances and needs.
- Recognition of customers’ right to provide feedback and complain about product and services rendered.
- All complaints are treated in line with laid down statutory and regulatory requirements.
HANDLING A COMPLAINT
If you are dissatisfied with a product or service provided by FBN General Insurance, you may in the first instance consider speaking directly with the staff member/s you have been dealing with. If you are uncomfortable with this or consider the said staff member unable to address your concerns you can lodge a complaint with us in one of the following ways:
- By calling Our Contact Center on 01-9054810
- By sending us a mail to us email@example.com
- In person by speaking to any of our customer service staff at our branches. Please note that you will be required to fill a Complaint Form. Details of the complaints will then be logged and our customer support agents will contact you.
- Fill a Compliant form Online (Click here to Lodge a Complaint)
- Social Media:
- Facebook: FBNGeneral
- Twitter: @FBNGeneral
- Instagram: FBNGeneral
- Your name and contact details
- Your relationship with FBN General Insurance (i.e. the nature of your engagement with FBN General Insurance, customer or non-customer)
- Name/Description of product or service being complained about
- Problem encountered with said product or service
- Remedy requested / Complainant’s Prayer
- Copies of any documentation which supports your complaint.
The person receiving or managing your complaint should provide you with any assistance you may need to make your complaint. However if you consider you need further assistance please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receipt of a complaint via any of our channels, the complaint would be logged. The complaint would identify the remedy sought by the complainant and any other information necessary for the effective handling of the complaint.
Receipt of each complaint would be acknowledged to the complainant immediately via e-mail notification.
Upon receipt, each complaint would be initially assessed in terms of criteria such as severity and possibility of immediate action and will be treated accordingly.
We would investigate all the relevant circumstances and information surrounding a complaint. The level of investigation would be commensurate with the seriousness, frequency of occurrence and severity of the complaint.
Tracking – Complaints will be tracked from initial receipt through the entire process until the complainant is satisfied or the final decision is made. An up-to-date status would be made available to the complainant upon request and at regular intervals, via any of our channels.
Communicating the Decision – The decision or any action taken regarding the complaint, which is relevant to the complainant, would be communicated to them as soon as the decision or action is taken via email.
Closing the Complaint – If the complainant accepts the proposed decision or action, then the decision or action would be carried out and recorded. If the complainant rejects the proposed decision or action, then the complaint would remain open. This would be recorded and escalated to our Customer Service Team. The complainant would be informed of alternative forms of internal and external recourse available. The organization would continue to monitor the progress of the complaint until all reasonable internal and external options of recourse are exhausted or the complainant is satisfied.
The complainant has the right to:
- Be heard
- Know whether the relevant product and service guidelines have been followed.
- Provide and request all relevant material to support the complaint where this does not breach privacy regulations;
- Be informed of the response to their complaint;
- Be informed of the company’s decision and the reason for this decision;
- Know that their complaint is being reviewed independently where appropriate.