1. Keep both hands on the steering wheel. Driving in the rain requires utmost concentration. Keep all distractions (mobile devices especially!) away from you. Keep your focus firmly on the road while observing happenings beside and behind you through the side and driving mirrors.
2. Turn on your headlights Visibility is naturally reduced during the rains. Putting on your headlight helps you see the road ahead more clearly and also makes you more visible to other road users.
3. Keep a good distance from the car ahead. You never know what the driver ahead of you may suddenly run into; putting enough distance between you and the car ahead helps you when you need to make instant decisions.
4. Drive below the speed limit Speeding in the rain is unsafe, as brakes can be affected by water. Keeping well below the speed limit helps you remain in control whatever the eventualities
5. Avoid flooded roads if you can. Never drive through standing or flowing water in a road way unless you have no choice or you are able to follow someone else to judge the depth of the water. Flooding the engine of your car can cause the engine to stall, and deep water can actually float your car and take it off the roadway.
Drive safely this season. Remember, just in case everything fails, you can always count on our innovative auto insurance packages to get your beloved automobile back on the road in no time. Don’t leave anything to chance, Call 01-9054810 today.